Monday, January 11, 2010

Still playing Bayonetta.

After nearly 30 hours of play time I've got to say that Platinum Games/Sega have produced the hottest action game this gen. I still have a ways to go as there's a third difficulty setting I need to complete as well as assorted weapons & characters to unlock. For now at least I think I deserve a break and I'm going to focus on some of the other games I've picked up lately.

Speaking of I have two more additions to my rapidly growing library.

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - I've heard a lot of great things about this game. Admittedly this comes as a great shock to me and I figured what the hey may as well give it a shot.

Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War - Going by the art-style and Koei's previous titles I was expecting another Dynasty Warriors game except I'd be playing as Joan of Arc or....Joan of Arc. Yes I pretty much forgot everything I ever learned about the Hundred Years war. Maybe playing this game will inspire me to do some reading like Dynasty Warriors got me to read Three Kingdoms. Where was I again? Oh yeah Bladestorm is a Tactical Action game. Winning battles is more about thinking on one's feet and properly applying tactics than pressing buttons and relying on reflexes to get by(though there's probably a bit of that as well..hence the word "Action" in the description). I managed to get a good deal on this game via ebay and it'll help me kill time until the next big game(which knowing me is either Data East Arcade Classics or Milestone's Illvelo...provided either of them actually release).

No comments:

Post a Comment