Thursday, September 16, 2010

TGS so far.

There's a lot of neat stuff being announced already. I'll go over the stuff that interests me thus far.

Radiant Silvergun XBLA - I'll get this out of the way. I'm not a fan of this game and in fact I think it's pretty dang messy. Still it has its appeal and being able to buy this game for less than a million dollars is really nice.

Phantasy Star Online 2 - First off Portable 2 is just fantastic so I'm very hopeful that this edition turns out well. Still something tells me this is going to be a very different game from all of the prior entries. Somebody needs to get on Sega of America's case about their treatment of the Phantasy Star games though. I'm getting tired of the ridiculously long localization times and cut/missing content.

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) The End - From what I've played of the games they're semi-realistic portrayals of the Yakuza. This game is set to blow all of that out the window with Zombies, Tanks, Space-battles, and well who cares it all sounds awesome.

Fire Pro Wrestling XBLA - Yeah uh..Avatars? They're kidding right? I mean yeah it's a wrestling game franchise that offers so much depth in the customization that eventually somebody would have to drop the copyright hammer. Avatars just don't sit well with me..seems like the impact would be lost whenever big moves are performed. Still I trust Spike to pull something off.

Lots of Kinect announcements - Microsoft should take note because the stuff being announced lately is way more interesting than generic sportathons. The one to watch in my opinion will be Steel Battalion. The original game was one of the most hardcore mech-sims around as it featured a huge fully-featured controller. How From/Capcom expect to translate all that into a complete lack of a controller will certainly be a sight to see.

ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD - Not a surprise in the least but confirmation is always nice. Plus it saves me the trouble of attempting to play through SOTC again on my crap-box TV.

That's about it for the moment I think. Looking forward to all kinds of great announcements in the next couple days(like more info on the new Earth Defense Force).

No comments:

Post a Comment