I have no idea what to say about Cyber Citizen Shockman 3: The Princess from Another World. A retro-focused blog such as this is bound to cover hundreds of games that can be beaten in 30 minutes or less. However, there's supposed to be something called difficulty to stretch that time out. Masaya's conclusion to the PC Engine trilogy gave me way more than I could possibly need to reach the credits. Health restoratives are consistently dropped, ensuring that I'll never suffer consequences for my mistakes. Bosses are quickly dispatched with remote controlled charge-shots, so there's zero reason to learn patterns or develop strategies. Oh, but what if I actually died?! Well, then there's nothing that can be done except take a continue from the huge stock I've amassed and resume exactly where I died.
It's... it's unfair! I didn't get any time to think. The entire playthrough was just progress, progress, progress, straight to the end. Kyapiko slashes apart the hopeless enemies and crosses quasi-dangerous chasms with ease. Too much ease, actually! Someone at the dev team could've given her and Tasuke a fixed-arc jump or a health meter that couldn't take more than two hits. Give me something to complain about!
Okay, you know what? Screw it. I'm cutting this review short. You'll just have to imagine six additional paragraphs of bullshit. Kaizō Chōjin Shubibinman 3: Ikai no Princess clearly wasn't for me.



No comments:
Post a Comment