Sunday, October 25, 2009

Still at it..

Although I'm uncertain as to when I'll be getting back to updating regularly I'm certainly not lacking for games. Expect some talk of the following games in the future:

Activision Anthology - I used to own this compilation but I think it deserves a second look. Essentially it compiles nearly 50 games that were originally released on the Atari 2600(or at least developed using that hardware). As expected these are very simplistic games but many of them are still quite entertaining.

Sega Classics Collection - This was Sega's aborted attempt at releasing their PS2 Sega Ages titles outside of Japan. Due to their low budgets these remakes are pretty dire-looking but some of them turned out quite alright when it comes to the game itself. That said this still isn't a popular compilation due to housing one of the worst versions of Golden Axe to ever exist.

New Zealand Story Revolution - I'm not sure what prompted this sudden interest in remaking Taito's older titles but I guess I can't complain too much. The original game was an action-platformer for the arcades that starred a kiwi and his equally cute friends. Just from flipping through the manual I see a double-jump has been adding along with touchscreen minigames and whatnot. Hmm...well at least it was cheap and I can't imagine it being that bad.

Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers - I still say this game has among one of the best concepts in history. A woman in a tiny outfit slashes up zombies and after getting bathed in enough of their blood she goes berserk and well...kills the undead more quickly. The story never makes any sense and the games have a history of not exactly being good but who can hate a concept like that? Anyway I have put a few hours into this one and it's definitely an improvement over the last game I played(which would be Onechanpon(?) the fourth PS2 game). I'll get more in-depth on this one....eventually.

I've also been playing Way of the Samurai 3. There's little else to say right now aside from that it is much better than the first game.

No comments:

Post a Comment