Thursday, June 10, 2010

Got a Japanese PSN account!

Now why would I bother with something like that?
Well it's simple really. The Japanese PS-one library is really impressive. There are tons of games available and the prices are great. Granted in order to buy these games I have to order a point card from Japan but all things considered the prices aren't too bad. Usually I can find 3,000 yen cards for about $40 which works out to an extra $2 a game.

Anyway I don't know what to do about my fifth purchase but for now I've picked up

The Adventures of Little Ralph - I never heard of this one before. It's a platformer starring a guy who swings a sword and jumps around. It's a very traditional game but with some neat ideas. It's pretty tough partly because the main character is one of those "one-hit-and-he-dies" chumps and the other part involves some pretty nasty traps.

Rakugaki Showtime - As a Treasure fan I've got to play all their stuff. This game sort of reminds me of Powerstone in that players run around, throw stuff at each other, and run after a deadly smile that destroys everything.

Gaia Seed - One of those ultra-expensive rarities that..well..kind of stink. I'll have a full review out in a bit.

Gunners Heaven - One of the early PS1 titles which tries oh so hard to be Gunstar Heroes. It's um...yeah I guess it's alright. I'll talk about it more in the near future.

So anyway no idea what to do about the fifth game, there's so much to choose from. Raycrisis, Dodonpachi, Einhander, and so on and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment